How can I help my child in french as a second language acquisition?
There are many ways to assist your child in french.
With the help of the following, you can help your child succeed:
1) Have your child change the settings and/or keyboard on their cell phone to French.
2) Have your child listen to the radio, television and songs in French.
3) Sing songs with your child in French.
4) List or use "words of the day" (from your child's duotang), that you can post on your fridge at home, on a clip board or a poster board.
5) Use a variety of sources that include the following: a French dictionary, a French thesaurus, a French encyclopedia, a menu in French, a recipe in French. You can enter these descriptions into Google search www.google.ca/fr
6) Have your child label objects around the house in French.
7) Learn with your child. By asking questions in French, using basic vocabulary and helping your child translate words.
8) Your child may use the following websites to learn French :